Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Kitchen Equipment

Yesterday in class, the question of where to purchase kitchen equipment came up again. I've been asked this so often that I thought I would put it out here too. My absolute favorite online store is JB Prince, which has been serving chefs for I think a hundred years. They carry high quality equipment, knives, books, specialty pastry items and party serving supplies. I love their products, but they are not inexpensive. The web-site is www.jbprince.com.

You can also find great stuff at William Sonoma, both in the physical store and online. As well, Bed, Bath and Beyond carries a lot of nice items (also in physical stores and online) - especially small kitchen utensils - and they are always giving 20 percent off coupons, so that's really nice! Many sites are currently giving free shipping because since it's right after Christmas, people are not buying much in general.

Sur la Table has a great store in the Detroit area at Partridge Creek Mall (on M-59). They have a lot more dishes and specialty pastry items than Williams Sonoma. In fact, if you are looking for pastry items, don't miss Heinrich's, on Ten Mile, just east of Van Dyke. In Farmington Hills, Kitchen Creations fits that bill (just behind the purple building on the main street).

Last, another site I often order from is called chefscatalog.com. They have simply everything and last I knew were offering free shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment